Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jane!! Get me off this crazy thing.....called dating!!

Yeah. I think I'm done dating for a while. I honestly have no interest in repeating the whole first date drama again any time soon. And, sadly, I have to say that my feelings or lack thereof for the lovely young man I had my first date with have actually dwindled considerably. I've completely lost interest, in fact. What is the point in pursuing any sort of dating scenario with someone I have no sexual attraction to? That sort of thing isn't going to just pop up one day. The za-za-zu has to be there from the beginning, or it's doomed. This is my firm belief. So why should I torture the poor guy any further when I know it won't go anywhere? No, I think I'm done on that front. I've kind of let him know this but I'll have to be more specific soon. He has noticed my distance lately and I blamed it mostly of my hectic schedule, but I think he realized the truth. I would like to remain friends and continue chatting if he is up for that, but that is all I've got right now.

The ex came by for the rest of his stuff two nights ago. It wasn't as weird or difficult as I had thought it might be. And I didn't have the urge to grab him and march him up to my bedroom, either, which is a good thing. I wish him well and I hope there can be some sort of keeping in touch for us. I hesitate to use the word friendship, but who knows?

The conclusion I have come to these past two weeks is this: I'm really enjoying being alone. Really. So I think I may just go with that for a while. I'm pretty happy these days, in most areas of my life. More than that...I've been quite giddy, actually. Why would I want to change that? No, I think that Oliver, Otis, Olivia and I are just perfectly fine the way we are. And that, my friends, is a lovely, comforting, joyous thing to type. 'Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment