Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to the World of Dating

I'm already exhausted with dating, and I haven't even been on a date yet. I kind of assumed that once I felt "ready to date" that I'd just get out there. But there is just so much to factor in. I've put myself on a few online dating sites. I had a hard time doing this. Call me old-school, but it still feels so desperate and introverted and just, I don't know, loser-ish. I know that I'm wrong about this. I'm aware that more people meet through online dating sites than any other place. And where else am I realistically going to meet anyone? Where? At the grocery store? Please. So I have put myself out there. With mixed results. Very mixed. So far, I have been chatting with two guys. The first guy, who is nearly a decade younger than I am, has potential. I think. The second guy is someone I actually knew in grade school and in high school. He is recent. He is my age. And very cute. Aside from these two, I have had many messages from many unsuitable guys. Old ones. Fat ones. Old and fat ones. Crazy ones.

The young guy has wanted to meet me but I have been reluctant. I haven't felt ready. The other guy I agreed to meet last night, for a drink. He cancelled on me, without giving a reason. So he's out.

I'm not sure how to approach this whole dating thing. I'm scared of it but I also know it's time for it. I really have no experience with dating. Not as an adult, anyway. I feel a little out of my element.

I will definitely document my progress (or lack thereof). Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment